Digital disruption is an unstoppable force in the enterprise, and leaves no industry unaffected. A slew of new technologies, products and services -- everything from IoT and wearables to Airbnb, Netflix and, of course, Uber -- are rapidly changing the way businesses operate and consumers engage. Some digital disruptors are even creating data value that didn't exist before by introducing entirely new, industry-rocking platforms.
CIOs can't change the course of this disruption, but they can influence how their companies handle it. The CIO role has evolved to become a vital resource in both steering digital innovation and adapting to these increasingly disruptive forces. Cutting-edge organizations are turning disruption into business gain, while others are falling victim to it. Who are the winners and losers? What can organizations do to stay ahead of the digital curve?
Join our #CIOChat on Wednesday, July 29, at 3 p.m. EST to discuss digital disruption in the enterprise. Discussion may include how to survive and thrive in the digital age, who are the pioneers and victims of disruption and where the digital revolution is headed next.
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Time: 3 p.m. EST
Hashtag: Use and follow #CIOChat
Tweet chat newbies (and #CIOChat vets, too!), please review this list of tips before participating in the chat:
- To follow the conversation, type "#CIOChat" into Twitter's search bar. From this page, select "All" to view tweets in real time.
- Your first #CIOChat tweet should be introductory, including your name, title and organization.
- @SearchCIO will ask a series of questions related to digital disruption starting at 3 p.m. EST (Q1, Q2, etc.). In your tweeted responses to each question, please preface with A1 (Answer 1), A2 and so on, then remember to include "#CIOChat." Include this hashtag in every tweet during the chat.
- Please note that Twitter allows only 140 characters per tweet. You are welcome to tweet multiple responses to each question.
- Throughout the discussion, retweet (RT) and favorite tweets you concur with and reply to those you disagree with.
Please direct questions, RSVPs or other concerns to our editors. Talk to you on Twitter!
For more on the impact of digital disruption, find out how disruption helped boost board acclaim for the CIO role. Then, learn how to be a digital master by closing the gap between IT and the business.