by Kara Gattine
Are you a real Know-IT-All? How many of these router-related terms can you guess without peeking?
1. This is network bridge and a router combined in a single product.
2. Routing is a function associated with this layer in the standard model of network programming, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
3. This device routes data packets between one or more LANs and an ATM backbone network.
4. Using an appropriate algorithm, this tells a switching device what to do with the multicast packet.
5. This forwards packets to computer hosts within a network (but not between networks).
6. This protocol allows host computers on the Internet to use multiple routers that act as a single virtual router, maintaining connectivity even if the first hop router fails.
7. If you're this kind of Cisco expert, you'll specialize in routing and switching, communications and services, security, or voice systems and technologies.
8. Sometimes this layer 2 device is confused with a router.
9. Routers use this table to control access to or from the router for a number of services.
10. This authentication protocol provides remote access authentication and related services, such as event logging.
How many could you guess correctly without peeking? Let us know!