Are you a real Know-IT-All? How many of these offshore outsourcing-related terms can you guess without peeking?
1. Sometimes used as a general gauge of management efficiency, this is a financial term for the profit or cost saving realized as the result of a specific use of money.
2. This is the tendency of businesses, technologies, or philosophies to spread throughout the world, or the process of making it happen.
3. This term was created to describe the practice of contracting with people in neighboring countries rather than distant ones.
4. Help desk employees working for one of these might be working anywhere in the world, rather than from their employer's location.
5. This type of outsourcing enterprise provides storage space and related management duties, such as backup and archiving, for other companies.
6. This is an area where an enterprise has specific strength in the marketplace -- they might outsource non-essential areas of business, so they can concentrate resources here instead.
7. This is the practice of contracting out specific business tasks -- categorized as either front office or back office -- to a service provider.
8. Through IP and the public telecom system, this type of network extends a company's intranet to suppliers, vendors, partners, customers, or other businesses.
9. By including both direct and indirect costs, as well as quantifiable benefits, this calculation helps you arrive at a realistic projection of the actual cost for a purchase.
10.Sometimes called "apps-on-tap," this type of enterprise provides access to applications and services that otherwise would have to be located on your own computers.
How many could you guess correctly without peeking? Let us know!