Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wants consumers to think of businesses as their friend. Sounds like a stretch? With the company’s new “chatbots,” it could soon be a reality. Facebook opened up its Messenger app to developers so they create these robots, which are powered by artificial intelligence and could offer consumers another channel to engage with businesses. Associate Site Editor Brian Holak talks to enterprise mobility experts to get their take.
How can CIOs sell the notion that IT is prepared to partner with the business to drive innovation? At the recent Gartner Business Intelligence and Analytics Summit, Guy Kawasaki, former chief evangelist at Apple, lays out a 10-step guide on how to foster the art of innovation.
Companies are using data lakes to navigate growing pools of complex data. But they need governance to get the most out of these tools, or risk disaster. Read more in the April issue of CIO Decisions. And on the latest issue of our SearchCIO handbook, read about how Soundsgood, a Paris-based startup, is partnering with streaming platform APIs from Spotify, YouTube and others so its users can curate and share playlists across those services.
Here’s what else was on SearchCIO:
- Why are big banks partnering on blockchain technology?
- High-performance mobile experiences should be your top priority
- How to nurture strong CIO-CFO relationships
What was new on SearchCompliance:
- Privacy forum: Consumer privacy starts with consumer empowerment
- How one healthcare company fosters patient trust using real-time interaction
- FCC’s new privacy proposal could stifle innovation