In today’s environment, business leaders are focused on accelerating time-to-value to drive profitability and competitive advantage. Customers, employees and partners expect a consumerized experience, 24- 7-365, days a year—with no compromises in reliability, features or quality of service.
The need for speed is putting pressure on IT teams to deliver critical capabilities, including:
- Expediting development cycles to empower DevOps and individual lines of business.
- Eliminating IT silos so the organization can leverage all of its data to improve customer engagement.
- Enabling critical trends such as big data analytics, the Internet of Things, mobility and social networking.
- Accelerating access to innovation to give customers faster, more secure and more timely support and services.
- Embracing hybrid and private cloud models to achieve a service-oriented approach to delivering IT resources.
The question for IT departments is how do you get there from here? How do you empower the business to accelerate time-to-value, while also meeting the omnipresent challenges of budgets, security, compliance, reliability and availability?
Leveraging real-world data
The reality is that IT can, and must, do it all. One way to achieve a dramatic improvement in time-to-value is to embrace IT Transformation through data-driven decisions about IT infrastructure, workloads and investment.
Research shows that organizations that are further along in their IT Transformation are 18x more likely to make faster data-driven decisions. In addition, they are likely to be far more innovative, competitive and cost-efficient.
How does leveraging real-world data help? Here are five critical ways:
- Accelerate development cycles: The research and evaluation phase of a typical IT purchase cycle can last for many months. This is no longer feasible in today’s world of IT consumerization. Today’s technology allows you to collect and analyze the data you need to make purchase decisions in as little as 24 hours or less.
- Eliminate silos: Many IT teams struggle to eliminate silos because of concerns about complexity and lack of knowledge about how workloads are performing. With deep, granular data about workload performance, you can consolidate and optimize infrastructure to eliminate silos and make it simpler for business-critical applications to work in concert with one another.
- Embrace IT Transformation: It’s important for IT to be more agile and responsive to the needs of the business. Nearly 90% of IT professionals say they are under pressure to move at an accelerating pace. Real-world data bolsters IT Transformation by enabling teams to identify inefficiencies, support new workloads and prioritize mission-critical workloads
- Leverage technology innovation: Real-world data helps inform IT when it’s time to refresh servers or storage. It also helps determine how technology innovations can improve performance—for example, identifying specific workloads that can be enhanced by all-flash storage. The best way to really know is to analyze those workloads and model them using all-flash solutions.
- Improve cloud efficiencies: One of the biggest challenges for IT teams is determining which workloads to put into which cloud and when. One study estimates that 30% to 45% of public cloud spending is unnecessary. IT teams can mitigate that waste by making data-driven decisions. This is particularly appropriate for companies that have embraced IT Transformation, since they are 8x more likely than other companies to be cost-competitive with public cloud.
Taking the next step
Accelerating time-to-value is imperative in today’s environment. IT teams can make smarter, more informed decisions to accelerate time-to-value by using Live Optics to access real-world data from their own workloads.
Live Optics is a free, vendor-agnostic software solution that enables IT to collect, visualize and share all workload data in 24 hours or less. It works in virtually any hardware, software or cloud environment, enabling IT to collect, visualize and share business-critical performance data and insights across the entire infrastructure.
To learn more about how you can leverage real-world data to accelerate time-to-value in your organization, please visit Live Optics.