Ever wondered how your CIOs peers are conquering business quandaries? Their IT and business leadership advice could steer you onto the same path.
In this video, filmed at the Fusion 2012 CEO-CIO Symposium in Madison, Wis., SearchCIO-Midmarket.com Site Editor Wendy Schuchart and Features Writer Karen Goulart asked CIOs in a variety of industries, "What's the best piece of IT advice you have ever received?"
Their IT and business leadership advice included the following tips:
- Always innovate and never give up.
- Don't focus solely on technology, lest you lose sight of the business.
- Your customers don't always know what they want. Educate yourself so that you can educate your customers.
- Deliver value, not just through understanding technology, but through the development of people in your organization.
- IT is a people business. You employ people in IT and you serve people in IT.
- Stay close to your customers.
- Network to get ahead and improve resources.
- Study, read and research for improvement, development and competitive advantage.