Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 (MOM) is a comprehensive network monitoring solution that radically improves...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
the availability, performance and security of Windows 2000 networks and applications. MOM provides central monitoring and automatic problem resolution for networks of tens to thousands of computers, continuously monitoring user actions, application software, servers and desktop computers.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS
Expert Advice and Tips
|MOM News||Return to Table of Contents|
Browse our news articles to get the latest information about Microsoft Operations Manager.
- Article: More friends of MOM announced
- Article: Microsoft puts management, storage under one roof
- Article: Dell to ship SMB servers with MOM 2005
- Article: MOM gets a fix for admin console
- Article: Microsoft hopes to connect the lifecycle dots
- Article: Change in pricing policy should lower MOM's cost
- Article: Microsoft puts admins and developers on the same page
- Article: System Center joins the Microsoft logjam
|Expert Advice and Tips||Return to Table of Contents|
|Laura Hunter is a Microsoft MVP and a senior systems analyst for a major American university. She's here to answer your questions on MOM and network management issues. Read more about Laura in our expert profile.|
- Expert Advice: Should we switch to Microsoft Operations Manager?
- Expert Tip: MOM 2005 Solution Accelerators, part 1 Optimizing MOM 2005 alert volume
- Expert Tip: MOM 2005 Solution Accelerators, part 2 Automatic trouble ticket generation using MOM
- Expert Tip: MOM 2005: The Action Account (or better yet ... The Action Account?!)
- Expert Tip: Interoperability: You can count on MOM for message delivery
- Expert Tip: MOM puts Windows systems data on tap
|MOM Resources||Return to Table of Contents|
Microsoft.com offers detailed guidance and recommended best practices for maintaining and running MOM in an existing IT infrastructure. Browse some of Microsoft's resources below.
- Trial Software: Order the Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Evaluation Software and evaluate its functionality and features prior to purchasing. Source: Microsoft.com
- MOM Features: Discover the features of Microsoft Operations Manager, the operations management tool for Windows 2000-based environments of all sizes. Source: Microsoft.com
- Webcast: Microsoft Operations Manager: An Introduction to MOM Architecture, Features, Performance, and Sizing: is intended for the novice user of the Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) management product. This presentation will introduce MOM, provide an overview of the product, including architecture, internals, supported and unsupported configurations, scaling and performance, and sizing capabilities. Source: Microsoft.com
- Webcast: Microsoft Operations Manager SP1: Configuration and Operational Best Practices: This webcast discusses how to set up Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) SP1 to best meet your monitoring requirements. This session also provides tips for MOM settings for grooming, agent manager settings, buffer settings and communication settings for the best possible operational performance, and usage practicality. Source: Microsoft.com