This SearchWinSystems.com guide introduces you to backup, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find articles, tutorials, tips, tools, expert advice and more to pump up your backup know-how quickly.
Table of contents
|Backup 101||Table of Contents|
- Glossary Definition: Backup 101 (Powered by Whatis.com)
- Article: IT pros find backup software that 'fits'
- Article: More options in backup landscape for Windows
- Article: Outsourcing the backup data center
- Chapter download: Inside Windows Storage: Chapter 5, "Backup and Restore Technologies"
- Chapter download: Resilient Storage Networks: Chapter 2, "Data Storage Fundamentals"
- Article: Best backup plans for the desktop
|Expert advice||Table of Contents|
- Advice: Can a backup from one server be restored to a completely different new server?
- Advice: Can I backup my DNS server without backing up all the system state data?
- Advice: Can you explain the different types of backups?
- Advice: Can you help me devise a backup system?
- Advice: Are tapes a reliable backup system?
|Administration||Table of Contents|
- Browse this collection of editor-selected backup tips.
- Tip: 10 tips in 10 minutes on backup and restore technologies
- Tip: Bridging NTBACKUP's shortcomings
- Tip: Configure backup static routes
- Tip: Do you still need to do full backups?
- Tip: Auto Backup to CD-RW
|Hardware and software||Table of Contents|
- Browse this collection of editor-selected backup articles.
- Article: Product Roundup: Backup software
- Article: Experts pick top backup products
- Article: All-in-one backup suite right for you?
|Disaster recovery||Table of Contents|
- Browse this collection of editor-selected backup and disaster recovery articles.
- Tip: What to do when your hard drive fails
- Tip: Ultimate boot CD packs in recovery, repair utilities
- Tip: Restoring registry after disaster