How to take the quiz:
Read the question. Write down the answer, and then check your answers against the answer key at the end of the quiz. Here you'll also find additional resources related to the correct answer.
- This was one of the first companies to realize that "free" software could be conveniently packaged and sold as a product.
- Red Book
- Red Hat
- SE Linux was developed by this agency, the official U.S. cryptologic organization.
- This open source build tool is so-named because "It's a little thing that can build big things."
- This approach to building a supercomputer often incorporates the Linux OS as a way to lower cost and increase vendor independency.
- Ring network
- Collaborative authoring
- GNOME, KDE and Mozilla are three attempts to reach what many Linux lovers feel is the holy grail – not just to have Linux servers dominating the IT landscape, but also to have Linux on every ______________.
- The client/server relationship is reversed in this open, cross-platform system for managing a windowed GUI in a distributed network.
- Distributed interNet Applications Architecture
- Open Systems Interconnection
- Reverse Telnet
- X Window System
- According to security experts, as Linux becomes ever more widely used in business environments, it's likely to become a more frequent target of these attacks.
- This is a script language and interpreter that is freely available and used primarily on Linux Web servers as an alternative to Microsoft's Active Server Page (ASP) technology.
- CRON script
- Forrester Research published a report (which was rebutted by Linux and GNU vendors) questioning whether Linux was really more secure than this operating system.
- According to the NetFilter project, a Linux server subsystem can be set up to substitute for this security product.
Scroll down for answer key.
Dig deeper on Data centers and virtualization for Small Business