As IT continues to more deeply engage with the business, business service management (BSM) software, tools and technologies are being used to facilitate success.
In this podcast, learn more about business service management software and how CIOs can use BSM tools to measure their alignment with the organization. The podcast also touches on how BSM aligns with service level management in the enterprise. Brian Barnier, BSM expert, answers the following questions during the podcast:
- From an overall IT governance perspective, how do BSM software and tools fit into the big picture?
- Are business service management software and tools only about measuring "speeds and feeds"?
- How are BSM tools used with other automated management tools to get more value?
- Why do enterprises sometimes struggle to implement and then get full value from BSM tools?
- How do BSM tools help IT people better align service levels to actual business needs?
BIOGRAPHY: Brian Barnier is a principal at ValueBridge Advisors, an advisory firm focused on the intersection of business effectiveness, technology economics and decision making. He advises business and technology leaders, helping to improve their cost structures and get better business results from technology -- especially in this challenging economic time. Barnier also teaches, writes, researches and serves on several best practice committees.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
This was first published in November 2009