Does anyone here know what day it is? These Tuesday holidays sure make for confusing workweeks. What we do know for sure is that last week, SearchCIO.com Searchlight presented a year-end list of lists
- Right out of the gate, 2013 is looking pretty great -- our first featured infographic of the new year also happens to be attached to a list of big data predictions.
- Sure, things like big data, mobile and cloud are the buzzy, sexy topics. But blogger Jason Verge contends the real star of 2013 will be data center infrastructure management, or DCIM. Someone get a cool/annoying nickname for DCIM, stat!
- Want to know what you'll have to pay attention to next in the realm of social media? Ask a 15-year-old girl. Srsly.
- We realize Today isn't exactly where one turns for cutting-edge tech news, and that's kind of the point. If this is the sort of technology average consumers expect to integrate into their lives, is your company ready?
- Computers that plan your vacations and more technology predictions from Google CEO Larry Page, aka someone in a position to make such things a reality.
- For those whose festive film-watching was interrupted by the Christmas Eve Netflix outage -- here's why. Warning: Content may be not be suitable for viewers already unnerved by how the tiniest mistake can have big consequences in cloud computing.
Let us know what you think about the story; email Karen Goulart, Features Writer.