As the so-called Mayan apocalypse arrives, we here at SearchCIO.com are firmly in the camp of Michael Stipe and...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Lenny Bruce. Besides, we have plenty of other things to worry about, such as last-minute Christmas shopping that will likely result in the feverish purchase of gift cards from a supermarket kiosk. Oh, that's just us? (Really? Remember, Santa is watching.)
Well then, how about something we can all relate to fretting over -- threats to information security. This week's Searchlight shines a light on some unusual ways malware and viruses can weasel their way into your organization. If only these people could use their powers for good! (They'll be sorry. Remember, Santa is watching.)
But it's not all doom and gloom this week. We've also got the goods on how not to be a good leader, and ways to spread holiday joy from your smartphone. Pass the eggnog and enjoy!
- End of the world? Probably not. End of your hard drive? Maybe.
- Here we thought the worst possible thing about the printer was its uncanny ability to have paper jams. File this under threats to information security we hadn't even considered.
- Like most good ideas, blogger Mike Myatt's spin on powerful executive leadership can best be summed up as a bumper sticker: Efficient leaders rarely disrupt.
- We hate to burst your bubble about "big data," so we'll let this guy do it. Don't despair, this actually might be a good thing.
- What, you worry? Apparently not -- a survey says IT execs are unconcerned about finding workers with cloud computing-related skills. "Oh, really?" says every other survey we've seen this year.
- Sometimes "there's an app for that" is a welcome, not-so-annoying phrase. For example, when it is referring to charitable holiday giving.
Let us know what you think about the story; email Karen Goulart, Features Writer.
Dig Deeper on Enterprise Information Security Management
Karen Goulart, Senior Features Writer asks:
Does your company have a good handle on threats to information security?
0 ResponsesJoin the Discussion