In this season of brotherhood, kindness and endless variations on the Scrooge story, we're reminded of how everyone...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
deserves a second chance. We here at SearchCIO.com Searchlight, however, wondered this week, what's the general consensus on third chances? When enterprises really started paying attention to social media in a meaningful way, MySpace was already a has-been in its second incarnation. Maybe with some celeb cachet behind it, things will be different (or not). Speaking of second chances, this week's Searchlight also brings up the point that when it comes to getting mobile applications to your customers, there are still times when speed isn't everything -- cough, Apple. Plus, why good business intelligence (BI) training is crucial, and a swell looking infographic that's ultimately unsettling -- bah, humbug!
- Sexy wasn't enough, Justin Timberlake? You had to bring MySpace (pardon us, "Myspace") back? Great, yet another social media platform CIOs have to think about and deal with-- or perhaps not if users agree with Gizmodo's Sam Biddle.
- Why do BI initiatives often fail? Because "giving someone a pencil doesn't make them Picasso."
- With private companies poised to roll into the market, New York City hits the gas on a mobile application for hailing yellow taxis. The best takeaway line from this item: "We should not ignore technology that's out there."
- Of course it's always advisable to avoid rushing and take the time to do mobile applications the right way.
- What do smartphones, tablets, the cloud and guns all have in common? (Think big.)
- It's been a while since we've served up a good infographic. We like this one because it's interactive -- a fun way to check out how the U.S. is seriously lacking in social, mobile, cloud and analytics skills.
Let us know what you think about the story; email Karen Goulart, Features Writer.
Dig Deeper on Enterprise application development
Karen Goulart, Senior Features Writer asks:
More important for mobile apps: Speed to market or perfection of product?
0 ResponsesJoin the Discussion