We know some folks already feel oversaturated with media coverage of the whole CIA-FBI scandal, especially as they...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
recover from election fatigue. But we here at SearchCIO.com Searchlight hate to let a teachable moment pass by. So, here it is: Be sure to make data security a real priority! Yes, that's what the scandal makes us think about -- did you think we were going to get into all that morality and politics stuff? Who has time for that when someone could be hacking into your network or reading your email this very minute?
And speaking of people using technology all wrong, we're thrilled to share a piece that puts the onus on the chief marketing officer when it comes to the ever-important CMO-CIO relationship. For all this and more (but nothing at all about shirtless FBI agents), read on.
- Attention companies and customers: If you think passwords still ensure data security, you're living in the Dark Ages. Actually, as Wired scribe and epic hacking victim Mat Honan sees it, you're living in Greece's Golden Age (no, that's not a good thing).
- Quick, which of these three things actually exists? Sasquatch; Nessie; or the suggestion that the CMO should seek out a partnership with the CIO, not the other way around?
- A tsunami of big data! An epic data security nightmare! Yes, it's a bit sensational, and yes, it's got a bit of an agenda; but this piece rightly points out that the connection of 40 billion new devices to the Internet by the end of the decade is something CIOs might want to start freaking out about now.
- What do eating Thanksgiving dinner and managing information have in common? They're both times when gluttony is not only excusable, but encouraged!
- Sometimes innovation goes way too far. We're not just saying that, because robots are being trained as, among other things, journalists.
Let us know what you think about the story; email Karen Goulart, Features Writer.
Dig Deeper on Enterprise data security and privacy
Karen Goulart, Senior Features Writer asks:
Does your IT organization have a good relationship with marketing?
1 ResponseJoin the Discussion