So glad you found us! Going forward, this will be the home of the weekly roundup -- a collection of news, analysis...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
and digital ephemera from around the Web that you may have missed. This week we bring you a favorable forecast for the digital economy and reasons to sharpen your social media skills. Plus, find out which dying industry Google decided to kick while it's down!
- As Cisco goes, so goes the tech world? We're rooting for The New York Times claim that Cisco's expectations-beating quarterly results really are "a sign of the strength of investment in the engine rooms of the digital economy."
- Searching on a tablet with one hand, replying to an email on the phone with the other, while on a video conference on your laptop? That's awesome -- if you like decreasing your actual productivity whilst lowering your IQ.
- Will there soon be one less type of bring your own device, aka BYOD issue for CIOs to worry about? Read this techie's take on the tumble of the tablet.
- Over the centuries (OK, decades) computer nerds have worn their social awkwardness like a badge of honor. Well, knock it off, Poindexter. This isn't The Big Bang Theory; it's your IT career. From social media skills to real-life interaction, check out these five social skills IT pros must have.
Read related content on SearchCIO.com
The CIO job: Ten skills needed to land the top position
IBM's CIO experiments with role-based management of IT BYOD
Is mobile device virtualization the answer to BYOD?
- Coolly meta or truly mean? In an apparent nod to '80s teen movies in which the rich kid takes delight in embarrassing the poor kid, Google takes out a print ad to prove newspaper ads don't work.
- It really does pay to be able to talk in sound bites -- or in this case, type in them. Yahoo and Twitter are joining forces to create a talk show that takes place entirely on social media. #howisthattalking?
Let us know what you think about the story; email Karen Goulart, Features Writer.