The nomination process included a short, Web-based questionnaire with five essay questions on the nominee's leadership and style; his or her most successful relationship with a business colleague; background on his or her IT and business initiatives; measurable results of those initiatives and how the nominee would resolve upcoming challenges. Each question was rated equally, and a judging panel scored the answers.
The 2007 CIO Decisions Midmarket IT Leadership winners are:
- Zelma A. Anderson Jr., Lt. Col. and deputy CIO, U.S. Army
- Maria E. Anzilotti, vice president of IT and CIO, Camden Property Trust
- Gabriel Vincent Arcoleo, CIO, Tanimura & Antle Inc.
- Linda Chan, IT director, network infrastructure, Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Nicolas Christiano Jr., vice president and CIO, Health Quest
- Philip Chuang, CIO, Telecare Corp.
- Fred Cook, CIO, North Shore Credit Union
- Joe J. Dempich, IT director, Parts Now LLC
- Erin A. Griffin, vice president of IT, Loyola Marymount University
- Dan Grosz, vice president of IS, V.I.P. Inc.
- Spencer W. Hamons, director and CIO, San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center
- Michael P. Hanken, general manager of IT, Multiquip Inc.
- William C. Johnson, vice president, global IT, Intergraph Corp.
- Mike Kelly, CIO, Oncology Therapeutics Network
- Charles M. Livingston, senior vice president of technology, Exclusive Resorts LLC
- Shawn Mahoney, vice president and CIO, GID Investment Advisers LLC
- Ted Maulucci, CIO, Tridel Corp.
- Joseph B. McHugh, executive deputy director of operations, judicial IS, Maryland Administrative Office of the Courts
- Michael O'Dell, CIO, Pacific Coast Cos. Inc.
- Paul D. Roche, Jr., CIO, Network Services Co.
- Jeff Roggensack, vice president of IT, Alere Medical Inc.
- Akhil Tripathi, senior vice president and CIO, Harleysville Group Inc.
- Debra L. Varner, IT director, Application Development, AAA Life Insurance Co.
- Ron A. Wells, CIO, Butterball LLC
- Doug Wenger, senior vice president and CIO, Omnova Solutions Inc.