CARLSBAD, Calif. -- IT media company TechTarget today announced the 2006 winners of the inaugural CIO Decisions Midmarket Leadership Awards program. Lauded for their extraordinary achievements in resourceful, business-focused use of information technology, the 25 winners will be featured in the July issue of CIO Decisions, a monthly publication that made its debut in April 2005 to a circulation of 50,000 senior IT executives.
The winners, announced during the CIO Decisions Conference at La Costa Resort and Spa here, were chosen from more than 175 individuals nominated for this new awards program. They will receive their awards at a dinner ceremony held Wednesday at the conclusion of the CIO Decisions Conference, where 200 CIOs and IT executives are gathered this week to discuss critical issues in technology and business management.
"Achieving IT/business alignment is a leading goal for companies of all sizes, but it's especially important in the midmarket where smart technology choices have such a direct, measurable impact on business success," said Maryfran Johnson, vice president and editorial director of the CIO Decisions Media Group. "Our editors and our external judges were very impressed with the levels of business achievement in this extraordinary group of IT leaders. It's a great privilege to draw this attention to their accomplishments with this new annual awards program."
CIO Decisions' 2006 Midmarket Leadership Award winners are:
- Jesus Arriaga, Vice President and CIO, Keystone Automotive Industries Inc.
- Shelly Barnes, Vice President Technology & Process, Arizona Tile LLC
- Barry Brunetto, Vice President Information Systems, Blount International Inc. (Oregon Cutting Systems Group)
- James Craig, Jr., CIO/VP, Information Systems, Cooper Communities Inc.
- Ronald Crall, CIO, St. Joseph Healthcare
- William Danuloff, Vice President & CIO, The Gorman-Rupp Co.
- Eugene Guertin, CIO, Smart Document Solutions
- Tony Habash, CIO and Director IT Strategy and Implementation Services, AARP
- Mark Jensen, Senior Vice President/Chief Risk Officer, Farm Credit Services of America
- Mark Katz, Vice President Worldwide IT, Esselte Ltd.
- Sam Lamonica, CIO, Rudolph and Sletten
- Michael Lehman, CIO, Batteries Plus LLC
- George Lin, CIO, Advent Software Inc.
- André Mendes, Vice President & Chief Technology Integration Officer, Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
- Jack Ondeck, Senior Vice President/CIO, Bristol West Holdings Inc.
- Lynn Phillips, Vice President, Information Systems & CIO, American Community Mutual Insurance Co.
- Mykolas Rambus, CIO, W.P. Carey & Co.
- Sean Saunders, Director of Technology, FNF Construction Inc.
- John Schindler, CIO, Kichler Lighting
- Gregory Schueman, Vice President & CIO, Employers Direct Insurance Co.
- Mike Taylor, CIO, Pitt County Government
- Aline Ward, CIO, Mississippi Power -- Southern Co.
- Robert Wittstein, Vice President Procurement and CIO, Sappi Fine Paper North America
- James Woolwine, CIO, Majestic Insurance Co.
- Tony Young, CIO, Informatica Corp.
The CIO Decisions Midmarket Leadership Awards focus on IT leadership and business alignment in companies with $50 million to $2 billion in annual revenues. Among the 25 winners, the average company size was $420 million, with more than 1,400 employees, 45 IT staffers and 30 branch offices -- a highly representative sampling of midsized U.S. businesses. IT security, data management, enterprise infrastructure and disaster recovery and ROI were ranked as the top five most important technology issues among these executives, followed by enterprise software, application integration, risk management, e-commerce and staff development and training.
About the CIO Decisions Media Group and TechTarget
CIO Decisions magazine launched in April 2005 as the only monthly executive magazine serving businesses in the U.S. midmarket, the fastest-growing market for IT products and services. Editorially, the magazine focuses on the strategic priorities of midmarket IT executives, ranging from aligning technology and business at their companies to ensuring their IT organizations deploy the most cost-effective, innovative systems and processes. Already the publication has won several prestigious editorial and design awards, including a silver "Eddie" award from Folio magazine in the technology/computing/telecom design category. The CIO Decisions Media Group also includes two IT management-focused Web sites, SearchCIO.com and SearchSMB.com. SearchCIO.com provides senior IT management of midsized to large enterprises with business and technology news and resources to effectively manage the IT needs of their organizations. SearchSMB.com provides IT managers at small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with technology news and hands-on guidance for managing and maintaining their IT infrastructure.
TechTarget publishes integrated media that enable information technology (IT) marketers to reach targeted communities of IT professionals and executives across the globe. Through its industry-leading Web sites, magazines and conferences, TechTarget delivers measurable results that help IT marketers generate qualified sales leads, shorten sales cycles and grow revenues. TechTarget's more than 2,500 advertisers include the leading IT companies in the world, among them, IBM, Microsoft, HP, Cisco, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Intel. More information about TechTarget is available at www.techtarget.com.
888-274-4111 x 1525