Whether it was implementing RFID, getting ROI from VoIP, cutting Sarbanes-Oxley costs, or comparing IT salaries,...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
SearchCIO had it covered in 2005. A look back at which news headlines grabbed the most attention is one way to tell what CIOs are thinking as they head into 2006. Check out this collection of our most popular news stories in the last 12 months to make sure you're up to date.
- Hot skills drive IT salaries up (June 7, 2005)
Want to hire a VoIP expert? What about a certified IS auditor? Better get out the checkbook. See which IT skills are now commanding top dollar.
- IT salaries take 2005 leap (July 19, 2005)
Find out why IT salaries this year are higher than last and which job skills are back in vogue.
- SOX: New rules for year two (June 15, 2005)
Do you know what it costs to make SOX controls visible? What about in real time? Find out what CIOs learned from round one of SOX fun.
- Ten technologies to watch in 2006 (October 27, 2005)
Gartner says CIOs should study these top technologies -- and be prepared to make investments next year.
- CIOs make project management skills a priority (January 24, 2005)
Long neglected in favor of technology know-how, formal project management skills are suddenly in demand.
- Who gains, who loses, from RFID's growing presence in the marketplace? (March 14, 2005)
British retailer Marks & Spencer is outfitting its men's clothing line in 53 outlets with radio frequency identification tags -- and analysts say that ambitious RFID projects are the ones to watch for invaluable lessons.
- What CIOs should know about records (March 23, 2005)
Electronic records are risky business for any CIO, but there are ways to control these documents so they don't endanger your enterprise.
- Southwest Airlines CEO grounded in real world (March 28,2005)
Southwest Airlines CEO Herb Kelleher shares insights on gaining employee loyalty by recognizing good works outside the company, and why his customer satisfaction rates are soaring.
- SOX: Seven steps to CYA (June 15, 2005)
Don't repeat the same SOX mistakes you made last year. Here are seven things you need to know headed into year two.
- College students continue to shun computer science (June 8, 2005)
Computer science graduates are scarcer than ever -- but not everyone says that's a bad thing for IT.