Welcome to SearchCIO.com's compliance page. We'll be updating this page regularly with new compliance content as as well as our Executive Guides. Each week we'll be adding new articles, tips, columns and webcasts on compliance issues specific to (but not limited to) CIOs. Bookmark this page and check back often for weekly updates throughout the month.
This week's highlights:
- Five compliance questions to ask your CEO
- ISO standard boosts regulatory compliance
- A Compliance Conversation: Computer Associates CCO
- Compliance investment offers SMBs big benefits
- SMBs triumph: SEC grants SOX extension
- Top-shelf governance with ITIL
- Compliance becomes best practice -- everywhere
- Forbes CIO Forum: BTM can cut costs
- Spotlight turns to chief compliance officers
- Spending too much on compliance? IT can cut costs
SearchCIO.com Executive Guides:
- Sarbanes-Oxley (Updated daily)
- IT Governance (Updated daily)
- Budgeting for compliance (Updated daily)
What is the CIO's role in ensuring his/her enterprise achieves optimal SOX compliance? This version of the Executive Guide addresses this question in particular. Claudia Imhoff, a seasoned SOX expert offers some specific advice for IT executives dealing with the regulations in this act. Also included in this guide are links to additional SOX resources from around the Web.
IT governance also allows companies to institute formal project approval processes and performance management plans. Check out the various resources and case studies in our Executive Guide for more information on evaluating and implementing formal IT governance plans.
Without a doubt, compliance spending has become a significant portion of the IT budget and, according to AMR Research, IT compliance budgets are expected to rise 10% in 2005. As a result, CIOs need to include more time, resources and budget dollars in their planning process. The SearchCIO budgeting for compliance Executive Guide includes valuable resources, practical information and advice to help CIOs with planning and budgeting for compliance.
- A CIO's guide to managing compliance spending
- Compliance -- It's only just begun: Advice for managing the long term aspects of compliance
- Seven habits of a highly effective compliance program
This webcast will highlight the various compliance regulations; break down spending requirements; and offer advice on how to manage ongoing compliance spending.
Compliance is here to stay. All IT organizations are being affected one way or another by the current and future regulations. Learn from one industry expert about how you can prepare your budget and IT organization for the growing need to respond to and manage compliance efforts.
Organizations have quickly become aware of the number of compliance challenges they have to meet. This presentation discusses seven elements for achieving an effective compliance program.
SearchCIO.com expert tips:
This was first published in September 2005