Companies that adopt portfolio management have strong IT governance in place, fostered by CIOs who have a solid...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
grasp of business issues and communicate IT value across the executive team.
The top-level merits of IT portfolio management are:
- Helps IT directors establish project accountability
- Ensures open communication on funding approval and denials for new projects
- Balances investment risk and reward
- Helps IT and business leaders collaborate, and ensures IT addresses business priorities
- Eliminates overlapping and redundant projects
Alinean's ValueIT™ software (http://www.alinean.com/ValueIT.asp) is the first comprehensive portfolio management toolkit specifically focused on competitive benchmarking and project analysis and improvement of ROI and Value of IT.
Dig Deeper on IT asset management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.