Companies that adopt portfolio management have strong IT governance in place, fostered by CIOs who have a solid
grasp of business issues and communicate IT value across the executive team.
The top-level merits of IT portfolio management are:
- Helps IT directors establish project accountability
- Ensures open communication on funding approval and denials for new projects
- Balances investment risk and reward
- Helps IT and business leaders collaborate, and ensures IT addresses business priorities
- Eliminates overlapping and redundant projects
Alinean's ValueIT™ software (http://www.alinean.com/ValueIT.asp) is the first comprehensive portfolio management toolkit specifically focused on competitive benchmarking and project analysis and improvement of ROI and Value of IT.
Dig deeper on IT asset management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.